Click on the below link to learn about the opportunities available to you as a member of the Plantation Fire Department.
Benefits of Membership
Among the many benefits of being a Plantation Firefighter:
- Professional training in firefighting, EMS, hazardous materials, and leadership.
- Financial reimbursement for time spent.
- Credits toward pension and retirement.
- Lifelong experiences you won’t get anywhere else.
- 250 of the closest friends you’ll ever have.
- An environment where your family members are as important to us as you are.
- Work-related gear and uniforms provided free of charge.
What Do We Ask of You?
Time & Commitment: Becoming a Plantation Volunteer Firefighter takes time. Your time and ours.
Basic Training: For those who are not already certified firefighters, Plantation Fire Department provides both Firefighter One and 1st responder as its initial recruit training. Click here to learn more about our Basic Training Program.
Partners II: Already State certified? Our 40 Hour, Partners II program will orient you to the Plantation Fire Department.
Monthly Drills: Upon completion of Basic Training, or Partners II orientation, all members are required to attend a minimum of one drill each month.
Association Activities: The Plantation Volunteer Fire Association is the organization which provides the personnel for the Fire Department.
If you’re ready to take the challenge, and you’re ready to make a commitment to us, to your city and to yourself, then we’re ready for you.
What Do You Need to Get Started?
- High School Diploma or GED
- 18 Years of Age
- Resident of Plantation, or live within 2.5 miles or five minutes of a Plantation Fire Station
- Pass a background check
- Pass a physical exam
Plantation Fire Administration
550 NW 65th Avenue
Plantation, FL 33317