Welcome to the official website of the Plantation Fire Department.
The Plantation Fire Department will maintain a comprehensive Mission Statement which establishes the purpose and function of the Department as follows:
It is the mission of the Plantation Fire Department to protect the lives and property of the citizens of Plantation with the highest levels of knowledge and skill in the spirit of “neighbor helping neighbor” upon which the Fire Department was founded, while recognizing our fiscal responsibility to the community.
The Department will ensure all members are introduced to the Mission Statement during their orientation to the Department and reviewed annually.
The Department will continually reinforce the Mission Statement with all members inclusive of the purpose and value of the statement.
Requests to make changes to the Mission Statement should be submitted, in writing, to the Fire Chief. Suggested changes will be reviewed in accordance with the Department’s Policy and Guidelines Revisions process.
The Mission of the Plantation Fire Department is best accomplished through recognition and application of our Values and Value system.
The Department has developed a culture that is instilled upon the newest member and carried through to the Fire Chief.
The Department Values are the core component of that culture. The below cited values are shared among the membership but are extended to all those we serve and interact with on a daily basis.
– All members will be treated with a spirit of fairness and equality.
– Members will display a given level of respect and will seek to earn that respect every day, not just by virtue of rank, but through deeds and actions as well.
– All members are encouraged to seek opportunities to better themselves and improve service delivery through a Department-wide program of continuous quality improvement.
– Superiors strive to encourage and support the growth and development of their subordinates. The Department supports educational and training opportunities which allow members to seek their full potential.
– The Fire Department, in consort with the City of Plantation has developed a series of policies and guidelines which direct the provision of timely and appropriate services, within the Department’s capabilities, to the citizens of Plantation in a courteous, timely, and dignified manner.
– Through its CQI process, the Department seeks to embrace and acknowledge state-of-the-art procedures, equipment, and training and apply those concepts when and where appropriate.
– The members, employees, officers, and agents of the Fire Department will remain accountable for their actions and activities as they relate to the citizens of Plantation and the Mayor and Council.
– The Plantation Fire Department embraces an air of mutual cooperation with all stakeholders and other agencies which require or provide support services. These include mutual aid responses, cooperative training, and participation in County, Regional, and State processes.
– By embracing Department and City policies all members are ensured of abiding by all legal, ethical, and moral dictates provided through ordinances, statutes, regulations, and rules.
– In consort with the CQI process and State-of-the-art values all members are encouraged and supported in seeking new and innovative ways of delivering current and future services. Members are encouraged to bring forward new ideas without fear of criticism or ridicule. While all ideas may not be implemented, each is reviewed and weighed upon its merits, practicality, and affordability.
– The Plantation Fire Department celebrates and embraces its long-standing history of diversity among its members. The differing backgrounds, values, and family lineage allow for fresh and unique perspectives on issues that may face the organization. Our diverse membership allows the department to grow and expand far beyond its current status.
– The Fire Department’s Values create a culture of positivity, support, and encouragement for all those who seek to serve the City in this capacity. The Department, therefore, has no tolerance for those who deliberately or knowingly violate the policies, guidelines, or guiding principles of the organization.
The Plantation Fire Department is an ISO Class 2 rated combination department. Combination means the personnel are part volunteer and part career. Plantation is the largest volunteer fire department in the State of Florida.
Plantation Fire Department
550 NW 65th Avenue
Plantation, FL 33317
HQ 954-797-2150 Dispatch 954-797-2100
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.