Home Cleanup Hotline – 800-451-1954
- Residents who are still in need of assistance in property and home cleanup after Hurricane Irma can call a hotline for free help from local relief agencies. The hotline, established through the Florida Emergency Management Division, is available through October 14, 2017, and will connect survivors with local relief agencies that will assist cleaning out property and home damage. All services are free, but not guaranteed due to the overwhelming need.
- Mosquito spraying is a service provided by the County. The City has already contacted the County and placed Plantation on the County’s “spray list” for mosquitos. For questions, you may call Broward County at 954-765-4062.
Tree Trimming & Removal
- A Tree Trimming and/or Removal Permit must be issued prior to any work begin performed. Trimming should not remove more than 25 percent of a tree’s crown by any means. Pruning standards must be compliant with ANSI A300 and safety standards must be compliant with ANSI Z133.1.
- Both permits are available through the Planning, Zoning & Economic Development department. For more information and permit applications, visit their webpage.
- If you suffered damage from Hurricane Irma and are uninsured or underinsured, assistance may be available through FEMA.
- The quickest way to apply for federal assistance is online at Disasterassistance.gov. FEMA encourages residents to register online before visiting a Disaster Recovery Center, where they can receive an update on their application, and ask questions about the process.
- Residents can also call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362). (TTY should call 800-462-7585).
- You’ll need to provide your Social Security number, phone number, mailing address, and any private insurance information. You will be contacted for a brief home inspection.
- FEMA Hiring Local Residents
- FEMA Home Inspections
- FEMA Q&A Home Inspections
Small Business Assistance
The Primary Source of Disaster Recovery Money for Floridians is through the U.S. Small Business Association (SBA). The SBA plays a major role in helping disaster survivors recover.
To apply for an SBA low-interest disaster loan, you can visit a FEMA disaster recovery center and meet with an SBA representative in person. SBA has staff at all recovery centers to help with applications. To locate the nearest center, call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362, use the FEMA app (for smart phones), or go online to www.fema.gov/DRC.
Operation Blue Roof
- USACE Blue Roof Program is now available for Broward County residents. Operation Blue Roof provides a temporary covering of blue plastic sheeting to help reduce further damage to property until permanent repairs can be made. This program is available at no cost to eligible primary homeowners in Broward. For more information, call 1-888-ROOF-BLU (1-888-766-3258).
- An application center has been set up in Fort Lauderdale for Broward County residents and businesses to apply for free blue tarps to protect exposed areas of homes and buildings from the elements following Hurricane Irma. It is located at a Walmart Supercenter, 2500 W. Broward Blvd, and is open from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
FPL- Power outages
- Plantation’s Restoration report shows 42,290 restored and 210 out of power as of 9/18/17 at 3:00 PM.
- Outages can be reported at 800-4-OUTAGE. The City of Plantation has no control over what areas FPL restores at what times.
- Residents are reminded to stay away from downed power lines. Lines may appear dead but in fact could be live.
- Use caution when trimming trees to ensure no power lines are entangled in the trees.
- Avoid standing water. Electrical lines may energize standing water. You also do not know how deep the water is. “Turn around, don’t drown.”
- If you are using a generator, please keep it outside and away from windows or doors. Generators emit a colorless and odorless gas called Carbon Monoxide which, if inhaled, is fatal.
Utilities/Water & Sewer
- There is no boil water alert in Plantation.
- Any water issues (including no water), contact Utilities: 954-513-3462 or 954-797-2169 (after hours).
In addition to this page, information regarding City-specific updates can be found at the following locations:
- The employee hotline (954-585-2367)
- Twitter (https://twitter.com/PlantationFLA)
- Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/PlantationFire/)
- Plantation Radio (1620 AM)