- Do call 9-1-1 to report a fire, serious medical problem, or an immediate danger to life or property.
- Do remain as calm as possible.
- Do speak slowly in a clear, concise voice.
- Do answer all of the 9-1-1 Operator’s questions; help can still be sent while you are on the phone answering the questions.
- Do stay on the phone if you accidentally dial 9-1-1 and let the Operator know it was an accident.
- Do dial the non-emergency number for the Plantation Police Department to report any non-emergency incidents that occurred in the City of Plantation (954) 797-2100.
- Do not hang up until the 9-1-1 Operator tells you to.
- Do not call 9-1-1 to ask for phone numbers or directions.
- Do not call 9-1-1 to speak with officers concerning ongoing investigations or to receive information regarding prisoners or court dates.
- Do not call 9-1-1 to ask questions that are not associated with an emergency.
- Do not fabricate events to get the police, fire engine or ambulance to the location faster.
- Do not call 9-1-1 to report a power outage at your home, unless there is an emergency occurring.
- Do not hang up if you accidentally dial 9-1-1. The 9-1-1 Operator will be required to call back to verify your welfare, and an officer may be dispatched to your location.