The Plantation Police Department Communications Unit receives and processes emergency and non-emergency calls for police, fire and rescue within the City of Plantation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We the members of the Plantation Police Department Communications Unit are committed to providing the community and the members of our Police and Fire Departments with the highest quality, most effective services possible, while maintaining professionalism, integrity, compassion and respect.
- Professionalism – We take great pride in our performance and will provide quality service to our community. We are committed to proficiency, reliability, and excellence in our conduct and performance.
- Respect – We will treat every individual with empathy, fairness and courtesy. By demonstrating respect for others, we will earn respect in return.
- Dedication – We are dedicated to the organization, our coworkers, and the citizens we serve. We are responsive to our community, passionate in our advocacy, ethical in our approach, and accountable for our actions. The well being of the people we serve is our priority.
- Integrity – We value ethical conduct, public trust, and commit ourselves to personal and professional excellence. We do what is right, even when no one is looking. We are committed to upholding our position of public trust and to conducting ourselves responsibly by maintaining high moral and ethical standards.
- Teamwork – We give our full participation to each other by being cooperative, informative, responsive, and supportive of our coworkers. We all work toward accomplishing the common goal of ensuring the safety of our community, Police and Fire personnel. Performing as a team allows us to achieve the quality services we strive to achieve.
The Plantation Police Department Communications Unit recognizes the importance of demonstrating professional excellence to the community and Departments it serves. In July 2012, the Communications Unit earned an Accreditation award through the internationally recognized organization CALEA (Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies). Through the achievement of this accreditation, the Communications Unit has proven that hard work and dedication is the key to success. CALEA will reassess the Communications Unit in 2015 to verify continuous compliance with the required standards, categorized by the following topic areas:
- Direction and Supervision
- Human Resources
- Recruitment, Selection, and Promotion
- Critical Incidents, Special Operations, and Homeland Security