In accordance with the City of Plantation Municipal Ordinance 2484 Section 26-186 and Section 26-211, pertaining to the subject of City Utility Rates, a monthly base facility charge shall be billed for service availability to each individually metered residential, commercial, sprinkler, multiple family account including mobile home parks serviced by a master meter. If sprinkler service is provided by a connection to the city’s water distribution system which also provides for the domestic or general water use, then no additional base facility charge will be imposed. If the sprinkler service represents a separate and distinct connection to the city’s water distribution system, the commercial service and sprinkler service base facility charges shall apply.
Per the above ordinance, a monthly base facility charge shall be billed to all utility accounts regardless of whether the property is occupied or vacant. The account will be opened in the owner’s name, as listed on Broward County Property Appraiser, until a new owner or renter opens a utility account (requires proper documentation and a deposit). If the account holder is a property owner and the property is sold, the customer can provide a close request form with a copy of the executed settlement statement or warranty deed. If an account holder is a renter, the owner is responsible to ensure the tenant opens a utility account. All accounts must be established and activated as of September 1, 2016. If an account has been activated, then no further action is required.
- Applicants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- The completed Application for Utility Service shall include the applicant’s name, service address, mailing address, telephone number, email address, and signature of the party responsible for payment.
- Signed & Notarized Agreement **Notary not necessary if completed in City Hall by Applicant**
- Any applicant who is not the property owner must provide the above information plus a current photo ID, a copy of the dated, signed lease agreement showing the service address and terms of the agreement, and a notarized Acknowledgement of Right to Occupancy (ARO) Form
- A $25.00 non-refundable application fee, deposit and applicable documentation (see New Account Checklist below) will be required to initiate the Utility Service Account opening process. Only Cash, Check, or Money Order are accepted for Deposit and Application Fees. Satisfaction of unpaid utility account balances in Plantation for the applicant or for other customers at the property at which service is requested, may also be required.
- Accounts are opened in person at City Hall from 8:00AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday
- Payment must be received and processed by the City of Plantation before 3:00 PM for a same-day connection, up until 11:00 PM.
- If payment for connection is made after 3:00 PM, connection will occur on the next business day, up until 11:00 PM.
- Only Completed and Signed forms will be processed.
For a complete list of items required to open a new account, please refer to the New Account Checklist
The amount of the deposit is based on the meter size. Call 954-797-2290 during regular business hours if you have any questions.