- Applicants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- The completed Application for Utility Service shall include the applicant’s name, service address, mailing address, telephone number, email address, and signature of the party responsible for payment.
- Signed & Notarized Agreement **Notary not necessary if completed in City Hall by Applicant**
- Any applicant who is not the property owner must provide the above information plus a current photo ID, a copy of the dated, signed lease agreement showing the service address and terms of the agreement, and a notarized Acknowledgement of Right to Occupancy (ARO) Form
- A $25.00 non-refundable application fee, deposit and applicable documentation (see New Account Checklist below) will be required to initiate the Utility Service Account opening process. Only Cash, Check, or Money Order are accepted for Deposit and Application Fees. Satisfaction of unpaid utility account balances in Plantation for the applicant or for other customers at the property at which service is requested, may also be required.
- Accounts are opened in person at City Hall from 8:00AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday
- Payment must be received and processed by the City of Plantation before 3:00 PM for a same-day connection, up until 11:00 PM.
- If payment for connection is made after 3:00 PM, connection will occur on the next business day, up until 11:00 PM.
- Only Completed and Signed forms will be processed.
For a complete list of items required to open a new account, please refer to the New Account Checklist
The amount of the deposit is based on the meter size. Call 954-797-2290 during regular business hours if you have any questions.