Utilities Department Mission Statement
The Utilities Department provides the city’s residents and businesses with safe drinking water, waste water treatment and disposal services. Services are provided in an efficient and cost effective manner, while complying with all federal, state and local regulations, such as the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) and the Clean Water Act (CWA).
Important Information Regarding Your Water and Sewer Services & covid-19
- The COVID-19 Pandemic has NOT affected the safety of your drinking water in any way
- There are NO restrictions or alerts on the use of drinking water related to COVID-19
- The Utilities Customer Service Office in City Hall is operating but closed to the public
- Representatives are available by phone at 954-797-2290
- Customer Service Hours are Monday-Friday, 8 AM to 4 PM
- Payments and documents required to open or close accounts can be dropped off at the payment drop-box located in front of City Hall
- Drop-boxes at other locations (Central Park, Jim Ward Center and Volunteer Park) are closed
- You should continue to pay your water bill as you normally would
- DO NOT FLUSH alternatives to toilet paper (baby wipes, paper towels, etc.)!
- They can cause sewer blockages resulting in sewage spills in the street or in homes
- To maintain water and sewer services, Utility personnel will need to remain working, but shifts and staffing levels have been reduced during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- All Utility employees are practicing “Social Distancing” at work and at home
- Please remain 6 feet apart if you approach or speak with a City of Plantation employee
- Some services may take longer than normal (sod restoration, etc.) during the reduced staffing levels
The Utilities Department thanks you for your patience and understanding as we come together as a community during this crisis
For City-wide updates on COVID-19 please click here.
Utilities Department Overview
Utility services are provided as an “enterprise fund” that earns its revenues through selling water and waste water services. No general funds are used for these functions and they are not supported by property taxes. The utility’s primary function is to provide cost effective, environmentally safe, water and waste water treatment and disposal services.
It is the goal of the department to provide our residents, customers and the business community clean, safe, high-quality water and environmental stewardship in the treatment and disposal of waste water while sustaining and enhancing our infrastructure.
This department is comprised of 115 budgeted positions: 107 full-time and 8 part time employees. The seven major programs providing services include the following links:
- Water Treatment and Supply
- Waste Water Treatment and Disposal
- Plant Maintenance
- Water Distribution
- Waste Water Collection and Maintenance
- Water Quality Assurance
We encourage you to review the various tabs and programs to understand better what we do and how it affects you now and in the future. You will gain insight about the need to conserve water as well as you will learn more about our commitment to water quality, customer service, capital improvements, and how to report vandalism you may witness to city infrastructure and equipment.
Questions regarding your Utilities bill? Please call 954-797-2290 during regular business hours, or contact them via email at Utilitybilling@Plantation.org.
For Utilities emergencies (sewer back-ups, water main breaks, meter leaks) during regular business hours, please call 954-513-3462.
For Utilities emergencies during evenings and weekends, please call 954-797-2169.
For information regarding water quality, infrastructure or capital projects, please email: Water@Plantation.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.