The City of Plantation will no longer be picking up Christmas trees during the month of January. Residents may place their UNDECORATED trees out with thier regularly scheduled pick-up or bulk pick-up day. For more information, please call Public Works at 954-452-2535.
Residents may place small yard waste that will fit inside a bag, such as leaves, shrubbery, small branches, weeds and grass, into clear yard bags.
- These items will only be removed on your scheduled bulk removal dates and only when placed in clear bags. Black trash bags are not permitted and will not be picked up.
- Black bags that are left out on the swale will be issued a notice by Code Enforcement.
- On either of their two garbage days, residents may put out a clear yard bag with yard debris as long as they tie a Plantation blue garbage bag onto each clear bag. Otherwise, residents may choose have their clear bags picked up on their regularly scheduled bulk pick-up day.
- Palm fronds and large branches must be tied into bundles (not to exceed six (6) feet or 40 pounds), and placed alongside blue bags on garbage days.
- For a nominal fee, yard waste may be brought to the City’s Horticultural Recycling Center, located at 750 NW 91st Avenue, off Cleary Boulevard. For a list of acceptable yard waste and applicable fees, please visit the Horticultural Recycling Center
Homeowners who leave black bags or unacceptable items on swales after bulk pick up will be issued a citation by Code Enforcement.
Clear Bags for Yard Waste & Leaves
The following locations stock clear bags that are acceptable for yard waste disposal. Should you frequent a grocery store within the immediate area that does not stock clear yard waste bags, please notify Public Works at 954-452-2535 so arrangements may be made for that store to add them to their inventory.
All Plantation Publix Stores (at Customer Service)
Home Depot, Sawgrass
12525 W. Sunrise Blvd, Sunrise
As the City becomes aware of additional locations, we will post them online.
Since 1993, the City has recycled horticultural material at its Recycling Drop-off Center, located at 750 NW 91st Avenue, just west of Pine Island Road on Cleary Boulevard. Open to residents only, proof of residency is required. Please come into the Public Works Administration building for assistance.
The center accepts cash only, Monday through Friday 7:00 AM 4:00 PM (closed on City Holidays). NO COMMERCIAL VEHICLES.
Only natural foliage such as tree branches, palm fronds, bushes, grass clippings are accepted. Grass clippings can be dumped for free, but must be separated from other items including tree branches. By law, no citrus or fruit trees will be accepted. NO COCONUTS OR CONTAMINATED FOLIAGE.
Residents are reminded that Organic mulch is available free of charge 24-hours per day, 7-days per week at the following locations: Public Works, Seminole Park, PAL Park, and Pine Island Park.
Cost per load is payable by cash only. Driver’s license and payment must be presented to staff at the Public Works administration building. All charges are subject to change at the discretion of staff with their estimation of load size. Bags of leaves and grass clippings from lawn mowing may be disposed of free of charge.
|Autos, 2-door or 4-door||$5|
|Pickup truck or van||$10 and up|
|Trailers||$10 and up|