Solid Waste, Bulk, and Recycling Information
Bulk, solid waste and recycling schedules, information, and guidelines. Get the free Recycle Coach app, too!
- 2018 Solid Waste and Recycling Guidelines
- 2018 Bulk Pickup Dates – East of University Drive
- 2018 Bulk Pickup Dates – West of University Drive
City Administration would like to remind residents of Bulk Pick-up guidelines:
- Bulk waste includes but is not limited to appliances, furniture, mattresses, carpets, carpet padding, yard waste and other bulky materials generated from the ordinary housekeeping operation of a residence, items too large to fit into a blue solid waste bag or roll-out cart.
- Bulk trash is limited to 15 cubic yards per pickup (approximately the size of a VW Bug).
- Bulk waste does not include construction debris or other loose materials.
- All items for bulk pick up collection should be placed curbside no earlier than the Saturday prior to your pick up date.
- Only clear yard bags may be used for bulk pick up of landscape and yard waste.
- Items that can fit into a Plantation blue solid waste bag are not considered “bulk” and should be placed in a blue garbage bag or in a toter cart on your regular day.
- Black bags containing bulk or other items will not be picked up.
- Waste Management will ONLY collect bulk waste/bulk materials generated by the residential property. Waste generated by commercial businesses or landscapers is not permitted.
- All tree trimmings must be cut into 6 ft lengths. Small yard waste and leaves must be placed in clear yard bags and placed curbside on your bulk day only. Tree trimmings only – no tree stumps or logs allowed. Palm fronds must be cut and tied into 6 ft lengths.
- Rugs and carpeting must be rolled and securely tied in order to be picked up.
- Refrigerators, air conditioners and appliances containing Freon must have the Freon safely removed and an approved sticker put on the item before it is placed curbside.
- No electronics will be allowed. Electronics must be taken to one of the recycling drop off locations.
- Various types of bulk items must be separated on swale (i.e. appliances, yard waste, other bulk items, etc.). To prevent property damage and expedite the pick up process keep bulk waste away from mailboxes, trees, power poles, fire hydrants, fences, street signs and off of storm drains.
- To ensure the safety of Waste Management drivers, mirrors, glass table tops, window panes, plate glass, etc., will only be picked up if they are properly and safely placed in a rigid container. Any broken glass must be placed into a secure container and marked as glass.
Unacceptable items will not be moved in order to collect the proper items. If this should occur, the pile will be considered contaminated and will not be picked up.
- Household goods, such as appliances, furniture, mattresses, large toys
- Carpeting: flattened and tied with a heavy cord into bundles not to exceed 50 lbs
- Tree trimmings: cut into 6 ft lengths not to exceed 50 lbs
- Clear bags of yard debris – shrubs, leaves, grass, weeds, etc.
- Water heaters, toilets, vacuum cleaners
- Refrigerators (with Freon properly removed
- Limited to 15 cubic yards per pickup (approximately the size of a VW Bug).
- BLACK BAGS
- Concrete including bricks or pavers
- Contractor generated waste
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Glass not properly wrapped
- Home remodeling or demolition debris
- Oils, paints
- Tires, auto parts, engines, transmissions
- Unbundled or uncut tree trimmings
Homeowners who leave black bags or unacceptable items on swales after bulk pick up will be issued a citation by Code Enforcement.
The City of Plantation appreciates your cooperation in this matter. For more information on this or other solid waste and recycling matters, please visit Plantation.org or call 954-452-2535.