Be the first to know! To stay current on what’s happening in Plantation, sign up to receive the City’s monthly eNewsletter: Plantation Now! Email your first and last name, and your email address, to Plantationparks@gmail.com.
Please note: Florida Public Records Law requires that all information received in conjunction with City business, including email addresses, be made available to anyone upon request, unless the information is subject to a specific statutory exemption.
SPRING (March – May)
- Spring Break Camp: A program for children ages 5-10, held during spring recess.
- Spring Break Tennis Camp: The Parks and Recreation Department offers a tennis program for children ages 6-16, designed for all levels of skill. It is held during spring recess.
- Spring Equestrian Programs: Children ages 4-17 can sign up for Share-a-Pony and horse back riding lesson weekly programs. Call 954-476-4316 for information.
- Multi-family Garage Sale: Anyone interested in participating can register at Volunteer Park. Tables are not supplied. Space is limited. For more information call 954-452-2558.
- Royal Egg Hunt: An egg hunt for children ages 3-10.
- Annual Interfaith Prayer Breakfast: Sponsored by the Greater Plantation Chamber of Commerce and the Plantation Association of Clergy. This uplifting and spiritual event is held each year at Deicke Auditorium. For more information, please call the Greater Plantation Chamber of Commerce, 954-587-1410.
- Teddy Bear Picnic: Bring your teddy bear, lunch and a blanket or chair to the Helen B. Hoffman Plantation Library. Animated storytelling where children become part of the fun!
- Memorial Day Service: Sponsored by the City of Plantation. Elected state and local officials will be present as we honor our Veterans. For more information please call 954-452-2510.
SUMMER (June – August)
- Summer Recreation Programs: The Parks and Recreation Department offers a variety of summer camp programs for children ages 5-16.
- Fourth of July Celebration: A parade, concert and fireworks event is held.
- Children’s Summer Reading Program: A reading program is offered at Helen B. Hoffman Library in June and July.
- Summer Equestrian Programs: Children ages 4-17 can sign up for Share-a-Pony and Horseback Riding Lesson weekly programs. Call 954-476-4316 for information.
- Daddy-Daughter Dance: Dads and their daughters, ages 6 – 12, are invited to a night of fun. Tunes, pizza, punch, contests and prizes, and much more will ensure a good time is had by all!
- Wine, Jazz and Taste of Plantation: Presented by the Greater Plantation Chamber of Commerce. Sample over 100 varieties of vintage wines, in addition to enjoying signature dishes from the area’s finest restaurants. Plus, join in the fun with our Raffle and Silent Auction and bid on terrific items on display. Call 954-587-1410 for information and sponsorship opportunities.
- Mother-Son Party: Mothers and their sons, ages 6 – 10, are invited to a night of fun. Join us for tunes, pizza, punch, contests and prizes, and a good time for everyone!
FALL (September – November)
- Art Search: A visual arts competition for students in grades K-12, sponsored by the City of Plantation Parks & Recreation Department and the Plantation Junior Woman’s Club.
- Youth Hot Shot Basketball Tournament: Held in the Central Park Gym in September. Various age divisions. For information, call 954-452-2510.
- Halloween & Safety Festival: Held in October, this event is presented by the Plantation Parks & Recreation and Police departments. Enjoy a children’s carnival, haunted house (not recommended for children under 6), Police and Fire safety exhibits, live music, raffles and door prizes. Held at Volunteer Park. Call 954-452-2510 or 954-916-5601.
- Plantation Volunteer Firefighter Association Barbecue: Annual fund-raising event, which is open to the public, and offers the best barbecue in Plantation.
- Free Influenza Vaccination: For Plantation residents over 55 years of age or those chronically ill.
- Veteran’s Day Service: The City of Plantation invites you to join elected officials and local dignitaries as we honor our Veterans. For more information call 954-452-2510
- Art in the Park: Presented by Plantation Junior Woman’s Club and hosted by the City of Plantation; an outdoor juried Art Show offering food and beverages for purchase, musical entertainment and featuring a Kids Korner with arts and crafts and entertainment activities for children of all ages.
- “It’s a Wonderful Life in Plantation” Holiday Parade: Presented by the Chamber of Commerce and hosted by the City of Plantation.
WINTER (December – February)
- Forrest Gump Table Tennis Tournament: Held annually in December. Double elimination tournament. Trophies awarded for 1st and 2nd place winners in all divisions. Call 954-452-2510 or 954-585-2344.
- Winter Wonderland Museum Exhibit: During the months of December and January, the Historical Museum displays an exhibit on various Christmas and Chanukah items.
- Winter Wonderland Winter Break Camps: The Parks and Recreation Department offers a children’s camp program held during winter recess for ages 5-10.
- Holiday Tennis Camp: The Parks and Recreation Department offers a tennis program for children ages 6-16, designed for all levels of skill. It is held during winter recess.
- Holiday Equestrian Programs: Children ages 4-17 can sign up for Share-a-Pony and Horse Back Riding Lesson weekly programs. Call 954-476-4316 for information.
- Santa’s Visit: Santa and his elves will visit every street in Plantation on Christmas Eve.
- Doggie Palooza: Presented by the Parks & Recreation Department, this event is designed to provide canines and their owners with information on products and services local companies have to offer. Vendor Space is available. For more information call 954-452-2506.