In 1988, the City of Plantation established the Midtown Development District, located in the geographic center of Plantation, Broward County, and the southeast Florida region. Located just north of I-595 between University Drive and Pine Island Road, Midtown’s employment and retail centers provide direct access to interstate highway system as well as Florida’s Turnpike. In addition, Plantation is only 15 minutes from Downtown Fort Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and Port Everglades. Midtown has always been a premier address for corporate America, including DHL, Tradestation, University of Phoenix, Kaplan University, and more recently, the University of Miami Medical Center North and Farmers Insurance. With the implementation of the Midtown Conceptual Master Plan, Midtown has evolved from a traditional suburban business complex to a mixed-use live, work, and play city center. New apartment buildings have been located adjacent to, or as an integral part of, existing shopping centers. This apartment construction has facilitated quality redevelopment of existing shopping centers, attracting major tenants such as Dick’s Sporting Goods, Total Wine, Regal Stadium Cinema, LA Fitness and Brio restaurant.
- Plantation Midtown is 860 acres and is 2 miles from north to south.
- Plantation Midtown contains approximately 5 million square feet of retail.
- Plantation Midtown contains approximately 3 million square feet of office, 2/3 of which is Class A office space.
- Roads carry more than 275,000 cars
- Home to a regional shopping center, government and community services and national and regional corporate headquarters.
- 15 minutes from the Fort Lauderdale – Hollywood International Airport, Port Everglades and Downtown Fort Lauderdale.
- Easy access to Downtown Miami and West Palm Beach via I-595, I-95 or Florida’s Turnpike.
Plantation Midtown Development District Highlights, Maps and, Plans: