The Plantation Gateway Development District is located in eastern Plantation along the State Road 7 (SR 7/US 441) corridor and it is approximately 400 acres in size. It includes retail, office, and residential development fronting both sides of State Road 7 from Davie Road on the south to West Sunrise Boulevard on the north. The district also includes commercial property just west of State Road 7 on W. Sunrise Boulevard and Peters Road as well as commercial property east and west of SR 7 on W. Broward Boulevard. The district is also home to Plantation General Hospital and Plantation Elementary School.
The district is also served by Broward County Transit providing north-south transit service (Route 18) along SR 7 and east-west transit service (Route 22) on W. Broward Boulevard. In addition, a daily express bus service “441 Breeze” travels along SR 7 from the City of Boca Raton in Palm Beach County to the Golden Glades Park & Ride/Tri-Rail station in Miami Dade County. The 441 Breeze allows for passenger connections to local Routes 18 and 22 at several bus stops along its route on SR 7.
The Gateway Development District is centrally located within:
- 4 miles west of downtown Fort Lauderdale.
- 2 miles west I-95, South Florida’s only north/south expressway connecting Miami Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties.
- 2 miles north of I-595, Broward County’s only east/west expressway.
- 1 mile east of Florida’s Turnpike.
- 6 miles west of Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport and Port Everglades Seaport.
Plantation Gateway Development District Highlights, Maps and, Plans.