The Plantation Community Redevelopment Area (CRA) is located in eastern Plantation along the State Road 7 (SR 7/US 441) corridor and it is approximately 400 acres in size representing about 2% of the City’s total area. It includes retail, office, and residential development fronting both sides of State Road 7 from Davie Road on the south to West Sunrise Boulevard on the north. The CRA also includes commercial property just west of State Road 7 on W. Sunrise Boulevard to NW 47th Avenue on the north and west of Peters Road on the south. Additionally, the CRA includes commercial property east and west of SR 7 on W. Broward Boulevard. The district is home to Plantation General Hospital, Plantation Elementary School, County Government offices, several churches and, some large residential communities.
The CRA is also served by Broward County Transit providing north-south transit service (Route 18) along SR 7 and east-west transit service (Route 22) on W. Broward Boulevard. In addition, a daily express bus service “441 Breeze” travels along SR 7 from the City of Boca Raton in Palm Beach County to the Golden Glades Park & Ride/Tri-Rail station in Miami Dade County. The 441 Breeze allows for passenger connections to local Routes 18 and 22 at several bus stops along its route on SR 7.
The CRA is centrally located within:
- 4 miles west of downtown Fort Lauderdale.
- 2 miles west of I-95, South Florida’s only north/south expressway connecting Miami Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties.
- 2 miles north of I-595, Broward County’s only east/west expressway.
- 1 mile east of Florida’s Turnpike.
- 6 miles west of Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport and Port Everglades Seaport.
Plantation CRA Highlights, Maps and, Plans
- What is a CRA? (Powerpoint is provided courtesy of the Florida Redevelopment Association)
- Redevelopment Highlights
- CRA Profile
- Aerial Map
- Zoning Sub-Districts Map
- CRA Redevelopment Plan – 2006 Update
- CRA Redevelopment Plan – 2000 Plan
- Properties for Sale in the CRA District
CRA Annual Reports