A Library Card is necessary for checking out Library materials and for using public access computers. Cards from other libraries cannot be used. Library cards are issued to Plantation residents, to owners of City-based businesses, students at Plantation public schools, and to City employees at no charge. Non-resident cards are available for $30/year for adults and $15/year for children.
- The application must be completed and signed by the individual wanting the card or by a parent or legal guardian.
- Photo ID and proof of current address must be shown (driver’s license, voter’s registration, checkbook, bill received by mail, etc.)
- Proof of business ownership if applying as such. Parent or guardian signature on children’s applications (under 13).
No material may be borrowed without a library card.
- Limit 5 green dot fiction books; otherwise unlimited fiction (4 per author)
- Limit 5 green dot non-fiction books; otherwise 3 books on any one subject – total of 8 non-fiction
- 2 Art reproductions
- 1 Sculpture
- 2 DVDs
- 5 Compact discs
- Unlimited fiction
- 8 Non-fiction books (2 on any one subject)
- 2 Children’s audio
- 2 Children’s DVDs
Materials not on reserve may be renewed in person or by phone one time.
- Circulating encyclopedias 7 days
- New books (green dot) 14 days
- All other books 21 days
- Reserved books/bestsellers 14 days
- Pictures and sculptures 28 days
- Audio CD’s 21 days
- Florida File/Map File 21 days
- DVDs 7 days
- Children’s yellow dot 7 days
- Overdue fines $.05 per day
- Encyclopedias/Green Dot/Yellow Dot $.10 per day
- Pictures & Sculptures $.25 per day
- Audio CD’s $.05 per day
- Florida File/Map File $.05 per day
- DVDs $1.00 per day
- Placing DVDs, CDs in book drop $1.00 each
- Lost books, DVDs, CDs, etc. full price of item
- Damaged materials assessed accordingly
- Lost Library Card $2.00 for each replacement
- Any circulating material may be reserved.
- Reserve postcards are available at the Circulation Desk for $.35
The library has two book drops. A walk-up is located on the south side of the building and a drive thru is located on the west side of the building between the Library and Museum. Book drops are open at all times and are for library books only. CD’s and DVDs must be returned inside the Library.
ALL MATERIALS ARE TO BE RETURNED ONLY TO THE HELEN B. HOFFMAN PLANTATION LIBRARY.
**Public Computers are shut down 15 minutes prior to closing.
WARNING: The Internet and its resources may contain controversial or inappropriate material. The Helen B. Hoffman Plantation Library has no control over this information and cannot be held responsible for its content.
Materials copied from the network may be subject to copyright laws and may not be copied without permission of the copyright owner unless the proposed use falls within the definition of use.
- Use of the Internet is a privilege, not a right and inappropriate use (viewing pornography, violation of copyright, violating system security, using outside software, unsolicited advertising, commercial use, illegal activities, harassment, misrepresenting oneself) will result in the immediate loss of Internet privileges.
- Children under 13 years of age may access the Internet when accompanied by a parent or guardian or with the parent or guardian’s prior consent on library card application. Parents and guardians of minor children, not the Helen B. Hoffman Plantation Library, are responsible for their children’s use of the Internet through the Library connection.
- The Internet use time is 1 hour. Please sign in using the sign-up sheet.
- Software from outside the Library may not be used.
- USB Flash Drives are available for purchase or for check out to use in library at the Reference Desk.
- Pages printed from Internet stations can be retrieved and paid for at the Circulation Desk. The Library reserves the right to limit printing privileges if they are abused.