We take pride on bridging the natural aesthetics of the environment with the element of change, progress and sustainable living. We provide a level of commitment that builds upon professionalism, quality of service and stewardship that is symbiotic, purposeful and forward thinking.
- Creation and preservation of City aesthetics and natural resources.
- Enhanced public relations and education.
- Coordinate efforts in design and implementation of capital projects with other City departments.
The Benefits of Trees
Trees play a very important role in the stabilization of the earth’s environment. When most of us look at trees, we look at them from an aesthetic prospective. While they are important aesthetically, they also serve a multitude of purposes in sustaining life on Earth.
- Providing shade, which helps conserve energy (which in turn helps reduce pollution)
- Helping cleanse the air by absorbing harmful carbon dioxide and replacing it with life-giving oxygen
- Providing shelter and food for wildlife
- Lowering air temperature by evaporating water in leaves
- Cutting down noise pollution by acting as sound barriers
- Providing privacy and prevent soil erosion
- Creating a pleasant pedestrian-scaled environment
The Fig Whitefly – A New Pest In South Florida – more info