Major responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage the City’s $100 million budget and capital improvement projects (in conjunction with the Financial Services Department).
- Assist other departments with annual Goal setting.
- Administer programs and policies of City Council.
- Provide support to citizens by serving as liaison to the cable television and waste management franchisees, and other businesses, community organizations and governmental agencies.
- Monitor state and federal legislation.
- Conduct and coordinate policy research.
- Oversee website, media relations and graphic design projects.
Proposed Transfer of Beds from PGH to NSU
HCA and Nova Southeastern University partnered together to build an academical village that will transform 30 acres in Davie, FL into a medical research, high tech, teaching hospital and residential facilities.
The City of Plantation feels the removal of hospital beds and hospital healthcare services from the eastern section of Plantation will negatively affect residents in that and other adjacent areas.
Letters of Opposition may be sent to:
Mr. James McLemore
Bureau Chief of Health Facility Regulation
Agency for Health Care Administration
2727 Mahan Drive
Tallahassee, Florida 32399
City letter outlining the background and data:
City’s letter in opposition to PGH bed move
Template letter you may use to support Plantation’s opposition to the move of 200 beds from Plantation General to NSU:
Template opposition PGH-NSU letter