OFFICE OF THE MAYOR/ADMINISTRATION
City of Plantation
Office of the Mayor
400 NW 73 Avenue
Plantation, Florida 33317
Official City Web Address: www.Plantation.org
The Office of the Mayor/Administration Department provides overall coordination and guidance to all other City of Plantation departments. It consists of Mayor Diane Veltri Bendekovic, Gary Shimun, Chief Administrative Officer
, Donald J. Lunny, Jr., City Attorney and employees that support the Public Relations and Graphic Design functions for the City. In an effort to enhance the City's budget, the Department also includes a Grant Administrator whose focus is to assist in subsidized local projects and programs.
Major responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage the City's $100 million budget and capital improvement projects (in conjunction with the Financial Services Department).
- Assist other departments with annual Goal setting.
- Design and implement programs and policies to improve customer service.
- Administer programs and policies of City Council.
- Provide support to citizens by serving as liaison to the cable television and waste management franchisees, and other businesses, community organizations and governmental agencies.
- Monitor state and federal legislation.
- Conduct and coordinate policy research.