Major responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage the City’s $195 million budget and capital improvement projects (in conjunction with the Financial Services Department).
- Assist other departments with annual Goal setting.
- Administer programs and policies of City Council.
- Provide support to citizens by serving as liaison to the cable television and waste management franchisees, and other businesses, community organizations and governmental agencies.
- Monitor state and federal legislation.
- Conduct and coordinate policy research.
- Oversee website, media relations and graphic design projects.
Mayor’s Council Meeting Presentations
- October 12, 2017 Mayor’s Council
- July 27, 2017 Mayor’s Council
- January 26, 2017 Mayor’s Council
- September 15, 2016 Mayor’s Council
- June 1, 2016 Mayor’s Council
- February 3, 2016 Mayor’s Council (Parks & Recreation Presentation)
- October 14, 2015 Mayor’s Council (Public Works Presentation)
- June 17, 2015 Mayor’s Council (Utilities Department Presentation)
- February 4, 2015 Mayor’s Council (Police Department Presentation)
- October 1, 2014 Mayor’s Council
- June 18, 2014 Mayor’s Council
- February 5, 2014 Mayor’s Council
American Heart Association Fit Friendly Worksite Platinum
The City of Plantation is proud to announce that it has been once again recognized as an American Heart Association “Fit Friendly Platinum Worksite.” The American Heart Association recognizes employers who go above and beyond when it comes to their employees’ health. They want to reward organizations for their progressive leadership and concern for their staff. The Fit-Friendly program recognizes employers who champion the health of their employees and work to create a culture of physical activity and health in the workplace.
2017 “Healthy Weight Community Champions”
Plantation was selected as one of 9 cities, along with Broward County, to be recognized as a 2017 Healthy Weight Community Champion! We applied for the recognition through the Florida Department of Health’s “Healthiest Weight Florida” initiative. This is the second year Plantation has been awarded this honor.
“Healthiest Weight Florida” is a public-private collaboration bringing together state agencies, not-for-profit organizations, businesses and communities to help Florida’s children and adults make consistent, informed choices about healthy eating and active living.
Between August and December, local governments were invited to submit best practice policies they have implemented in their jurisdictions. In 2017, the Florida Department of Health recognized 98 communities as Healthiest Weight Community Champions, an increase from 80 communities recognized in 2016, 65 communities recognized in 2015, and 38 communities recognized in 2014.
Other cities in Broward County that were recognized are: Coconut Creek, Cooper City, Deerfield Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood, Miramar, Oakland Park, Weston and Wilton Manors.