Major responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage the City’s $100 million budget and capital improvement projects (in conjunction with the Financial Services Department).
- Assist other departments with annual Goal setting.
- Administer programs and policies of City Council.
- Provide support to citizens by serving as liaison to the cable television and waste management franchisees, and other businesses, community organizations and governmental agencies.
- Monitor state and federal legislation.
- Conduct and coordinate policy research.
- Oversee website, media relations and graphic design projects.
October 14, 2015 Mayor’s Council (Public Works Presentation)
June 17, 2015 Mayor’s Council (Utilities Department Presentation)
February 4, 2015 Mayor’s Council (Police Department Presentation)
October 1, 2014 Mayor’s Council
June 18, 2014 Mayor’s Council
February 5, 2014 Mayor’s Council
Plantation was selected as one of 7 cities, along with Broward County, to be recognized as a 2015 Healthy Weight Community Champion! We applied for the recognition through the Florida Department of Health’s “Healthiest Weight Florida” initiative.
“Healthiest Weight Florida” is a public-private collaboration bringing together state agencies, not-for-profit organizations, businesses and communities to help Florida’s children and adults make consistent, informed choices about healthy eating and active living.
Between August and December, local governments were invited to submit best practice policies they have implemented in their jurisdictions. The Florida Department of Health is recognizing 65 communities throughout Florida, which is up from 38 last year.
Other cities in Broward County that were recognized are: Coconut Creek, Deerfield Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Oakland Park, Weston and Pembroke Park.