Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
Major responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage the City’s $195 million budget and capital improvement projects (in conjunction with the Financial Services Department).
- Assist other departments with annual Goal setting.
- Administer programs and policies of City Council.
- Provide support to citizens by serving as liaison to the cable television and waste management franchisees, and other businesses, community organizations and governmental agencies.
- Monitor state and federal legislation.
- Conduct and coordinate policy research.
- Oversee website, social media, and graphic design projects.
Mayor’s Council Meeting Presentations
- July 26, 2018 Mayor’s Council (final meeting)
- January 25, 2018 Mayor’s Council
- October 12, 2017 Mayor’s Council
- July 27, 2017 Mayor’s Council
- January 26, 2017 Mayor’s Council
- September 15, 2016 Mayor’s Council
- June 1, 2016 Mayor’s Council
- February 3, 2016 Mayor’s Council (Parks & Recreation Presentation)
- October 14, 2015 Mayor’s Council (Public Works Presentation)
- June 17, 2015 Mayor’s Council (Utilities Department Presentation)
- February 4, 2015 Mayor’s Council (Police Department Presentation)
- October 1, 2014 Mayor’s Council
- June 18, 2014 Mayor’s Council
- February 5, 2014 Mayor’s Council
2017 “Healthy Weight Community Champions”
Plantation was selected as one of 9 cities, along with Broward County, to be recognized as a 2017 Healthy Weight Community Champion! We applied for the recognition through the Florida Department of Health’s “Healthiest Weight Florida” initiative. This is the second year Plantation has been awarded this honor.
“Healthiest Weight Florida” is a public-private collaboration bringing together state agencies, not-for-profit organizations, businesses and communities to help Florida’s children and adults make consistent, informed choices about healthy eating and active living.
Between August and December, local governments were invited to submit best practice policies they have implemented in their jurisdictions. In 2017, the Florida Department of Health recognized 98 communities as Healthiest Weight Community Champions, an increase from 80 communities recognized in 2016, 65 communities recognized in 2015, and 38 communities recognized in 2014.
Other cities in Broward County that were recognized are: Coconut Creek, Cooper City, Deerfield Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood, Miramar, Oakland Park, Weston and Wilton Manors.