All applicants must be present
Obtaining or Renewing a United States Passport
The City of Plantation is a Passport Acceptance Facility. This means that we accept applications for new passports or renewals that must be done in person. We do not make passports at this location. It takes approximately 4-6 weeks for your new passport to arrive via US Priority Mail in your mailbox. There is the option (for an additional fee) of expediting, which will speed the arrival 2-3 weeks. If you are traveling in 14 days or less, you must make an appointment with the Miami Passport Agency; call 877-487-2778 for details on what they require.
Passport renewal is usually done by mail, not through a processing office. You may renew by mail if your old passport is undamaged, was issued within the last 15 years and you were over 16 years old at the time of issue. If you do not meet these requirements you will need to come in person to a Passport Acceptance Facility or a Passport Agency.
Please call our office at 954-797-2236 for questions or to schedule an appointment for passport processing.
Requirements for Passport Processing
Age 16 and over:
- The applicant must come in person
- 1 Passport Photo (2×2, color, white background)
- Proof of citizenship (original birth certificate, passport or original Certificate of Naturalization)
- Government issued ID (driver’s license or state ID)
- Photocopy of front and back of government issued ID
Age 15 and under will need all of the above and the following:
- Parents as listed on the birth certificate must both be present or provide form DS-3053
- If using DS-3053 bring photocopy of front and back of absent parent’s ID
- If there is only one legal guardian, bring custody documents
- If renewing you must bring old passport and birth certificate
|Execution Fee* – $25 Expedition Fee – $60 Overnight Fee – $14.85 Addt’l Visa Pages – $82||Passport Book (16 & over) – $110 Passport Book (15 & under) – $80 Passport Card (16 & over) – $30 Passport Card (15 & under) – $15|
Payment must be made by check or money order payable to: US Department of State.
*The $25 execution fee must be paid by cash or credit card.
Passport Acceptance Hours
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Additional days are occasionally added. Please call 954-797-2236 for an appointment.
Walk-ins will be processed on a first come, first serve basis, around appointments.