The hours of operation of our Local Business Tax Receipt Clerk are as follows:
Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM with a 1 hr lunch break (closing from 12 Noon – 1:00 PM).
We accept our last LBT Application and Payment at 4:00 PM.
Obtaining a Local Business Tax Receipt
Pursuant to Chapter 14 of the Plantation Code of Ordinances, all businesses operating in the City of Plantation are required to have a local business tax receipt. Application for a receipt does not guarantee approval. The applicant must comply with all zoning requirements. Some businesses will be required to undergo code compliance inspections.
Home based businesses are allowed under limited circumstances.
If a business is found to be operating without a local business tax receipt they may be subject to fines.
All local business tax receipts expire on September 30 and must be renewed annually. The renewals are mailed out no later than July 1 of any given year.
Our staff is happy to assist with any questions, please stop by City Hall prior to mailing your application or call 954-797-2239.
Application Fee – $15
Code Compliance Inspections Fee – $270
Local Business Tax Receipt: varies according to classification; please call 954-797-2239
Please refer to the following documents for additional information on how to apply for a Local Business Tax Receipt.
- Requirements for Local Business Tax Receipt
- Requirements to obtain a Home Based Local Business Tax Receipt
- Agreement and License Permitting Inspection of Local Business Tax Receipt at Residential Address
- Home Owner Landlord Authorization to issue Local Business Tax Receipt
- Merchant Or Wholesale Statement Of Square Footage
- Statement of Seating
- Warehouse Statement Of Square Footage
- Manufacturer Statement Of Square Footage
- Hotel or Motel Statement of Rooms
- Fictitious Name Affidavit
- Application for Local Business Tax Receipt Exemption
- Physician’s Certificate of Disability
- Requirements for Massage Establishments and Massage Therapists (Ordinance 2475)
New Business Listing