The City Clerk’s Office goal is to provide high quality, timely service to the Mayor, City Council, City Staff, the general public and other agencies. We strive to give our residents open access to government and to provide quick and accurate documentation and information in a friendly and courteous manner.
The City Clerk is the official Secretary to the City of Plantation and the City Council, and as such serves as the following:
- Custodian of City Seal
- Local Supervisor of Elections
- Local Financial Disclosure Coordinator
- Records Custodian and Records Management Liaison Office with the State of Florida
In addition, the City Clerk:
- Maintains the City Charter and Code of Ordinances in an up-to-date condition and provides for its distribution
- Coordinates lobbyist registration and reporting activities
- Attests to documents, legislation and certificates
- Maintains and safeguards original documents for the City
- Coordinates annual Advisory Board/Committee appointments
- Responds to Public Records requests from the public, departments and other governmental agencies
- Issues Local Business Tax Receipts for the City of Plantation
- Coordinates elections for the City’s pension boards
- Processes Fine Reduction requests
Susan K. Slattery, MMC, City Clerk
400 NW 73 Avenue
Plantation, FL 33317
Phone: (954) 797-2237
The City Clerk’s Office is located on the first floor of City Hall.
Hours of operation are 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
The Local Business Tax Receipt portion of the office is open daily from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm and closed for lunch from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.