City of Plantation
401 NW 70th Terrace
Plantation, FL 33317
The Building Department is located near City Hall in the Development Services Building on the 1st floor.
- Main number: 954-797-2250
- Inspection Line: 855-385-4323
- Contractor registration fax: 954- 797-2270
- Plan review/director fax: 954-797-2273
Hours of Operation
- Office hours: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM (Monday – Friday)
- Plan Review: 8:00 – 11:00 AM & 2:00 – 4:00 PM
- Inspectors: 7:30 – 8:00 AM & 3:30 – 4:00 PM
- Walk-thru permits: 8:00 – 10:00 AM (Mon, Wed & Fri)
- Microfilm division: 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM (Monday – Friday)
Last sign-in for all areas – 3:45 PM
The Building Department provides several automated permitting services to the community:
- Online Permitting – This service allows anyone to research permit records online at our Citizen Access Portal, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can check plan status, pay fees, check inspection results, schedule inspections*, and apply for “simple permits” (i.e. a/c replacements, lawn sprinkler, water heater, burglar alarms and low voltage electric).
- Permit Information Line – This service allows you to research permit records by calling 855-385-4323, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can check plan status, obtain plan review comments via fax, check inspection results, schedule inspections, and cancel inspections. *Must be registered and activated by the City of Plantation to schedule inspections and apply for permits online. The Building Department is very excited about these services and encourages you to take advantage of them.