In order to ensure the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy in a timely manner, Contractors/Owner-Builders should meet with the C.O. Clerk one week prior to calling for final C.O. inspections. The clerk will provide him/her with a computer printout of all outstanding inspections and paperwork.
The following is a list of items that are required to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy:
- Please call the inspection line 954-587-4456, Ext. 5000 or log on to Velocityhall.com (if approved by the City of Plantation) when scheduling inspections. Subcontractors are responsible for calling in their inspections. All related permits must be finalized prior to the General Contractor scheduling their final C/O inspections.
- The following inspections must be scheduled (if applicable) when you schedule your Final Structural for a Certificate of Occupancy. If you need to contact a department directly you may call:
- Final/Complete Soil Treatment Certificate
- Insulation Certificate (if applicable)
- Health Department Certificate (if property has a Septic Tank and/or is a Restaurant)
- Final Surveys with setback dimensions – 2 copies (MUST have P.A.I.D. approval if located in Plantation Acres)
- Elevation Certificate – 2 copies
Note: A C.O. will not be issued on the same day the final inspections are scheduled. It should be available within 24-48 hours after final inspections and required paperwork has been approved.
A Certificate of Occupancy may be issued while the pool is still under construction with an approved safety barrier. A safety barrier must be provided around all swimming pools, per FBC 424.17.1 and City Ordinance Section 5-129 and Florida Statutes Chapter 515.